Thank you so much for visiting my online home. Bright Pixels is a web-column I’ve written since 2013. When I first launched this site, it was called The Bold Report. In 2017, I changed the name to Brightly Colored. Unfortunately, that name didn’t work either, so I decided on Bright Pixels.
This site has over 600 posts. Some are pretty good; others are ok, some are downright bad. And guess what? That’s ok. The site serves to document my interests and opinions at that moment. Just as a person goes through different phases of life, so has this site. There have been periods where I write a lot about a particular topic, then move on to another. Bright Pixels is a reflection of my life, my personal growth, my successes, and my sorrows.
I have three main rules for myself:
- I’ll write whenever I feel like it, and won’t worry if it’s not perfect
- I will not look at stats of any kind
- I will write because it’s fun and has a personal archival purpose, not because I want recognition or validation
When I follow those rules, I find my writing fulfilling and of much better quality.
Here are a few articles I feel are representative of my writing:
- The Cost of a Centralized Web
- Exclude Posts From RSS in Jekyll
- My Brief Review of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
After chatting with my friend John Locke, it made sense to consolidate the enormous list of topics I’d amassed over the years into a select few. Two days and many hours later, I’d recategorized more than 600 posts. Here are topics I write about most:
- Apple: This isn’t an Apple blog, but I enjoy their products, so I have opinions from time to time.
- Code: I don’t code for work anymore, but when I learn something new I like to write about it.
- Comics: New comics come out every week, so there’s lots to write about here.
- Star Wars: My all-time favorite franchise.
There are three ways to keep up with all the latest and greatest:
- Bright Pixels Dispatch: This weekly email goes out on Friday. Your info is never shared or sold. Ew.
- RSS Feed: If you don’t know what RSS is, here’s a good introduction.
- Twitter: The account is updated with every new post.
And that’s it! Happy reading.