Not only do I produce podcasts for a living at Changelog Media, I happen to be a big fan of them too. If you’re looking for new things to listen to, here’s a list of my current favorites. I even included two of my favorite episodes with each recommendation. These are in no particular order.
- Reply All - Been listening to this podcast from the first episode. PJ and Alex have great chemistry, and I always love the stories Sruthi Pinnamaneni reports on.
- Welcome to Macintosh - Sure, there are many shows about Apple news, but Welcome to Macintosh focuses on the impact it’s had on people. This is hands down the best produced show on Apple.
- Today Explained - Keeps me informed on what’s going on in the world.
- Death, Sex & Money - Love this show. Anna Sale has some amazing conversations with celebrities and “regular” people alike about things that are sometimes difficult to talk about. Turns out, us humans have a lot in common.
- Science Vs - We live in a world where the gap between what people believe and what is true seems to be widening. This show tackles things that have a certain buzz around them and examines the science behind it.
- Song Exploder - I love music, and am the type of person that listens carefully to hear the different instruments and effects that were probably used to create the song. If you’re like me, you’ll love this show.
- Heavyweight - Jonathan Goldstein is a master storyteller. These are deeply personal stories that at times have me in tears.
- Away from Keyboard - Ok, so some shameless self-promotion here, but I love this show. Not only am I proud of the work I’ve put into it, in a short amount of time, I’ve had the chance to tell the stories of some great people.
Happy podcast listening!