The day is finally here! The Last Jedi trailer just dropped and is two minutes and thirty-five seconds long. I have tickets for opening night and second viewing purchased.
My Thoughts On the New Trailer
- We get updated versions of the AT-AT!
- Luke accepts the lightsaber!
- It seems we’ll get an explanation of how Rey is so powerful and what happened with Kylo Ren’s training.
- Luke isn’t the naive kid from the original trilogy anymore. He’s “seen” stuff, ya know?
- It insinuates that Kylo Ren kills Leia too. I doubt this will be the case since that would put his character beyond redemption.1
- The way they continue to add to this universe with new aliens and creatures is so cool.
- BB-8 is back! I mean, that was never in question, but still.
- Finn vs. Phasma!!!
- Phasma’s costume is just so cool. Really looking forward to seeing her more in this film.
- Leia’s costumes look great.
- First look at Snoke, and he’s just as ugly as we thought.
- That last part of the trailer has got to be clever editing.
- Kylo Ren’s scar gets smaller as the movie progresses. Smart move by Rian Johnson.
- Just like The Empire Strikes Back this film looks like it’s going to get dark.
I usually only watch the first trailer of movies I’m really looking forward to, so this’ll have to hold me until December. I’m so excited!
- Kylo already killed Han, which already makes him irredeemble to many of us ↩